Dietary Supplements >>
Krill Oil Benefits
Krill Oil Benefits
Krill oil is obtained from a type of small shrimp-like ocean invertebrate. A krill is less than 2 and a half inches long. Though small, krill have many health benefits in its cell membranes. Clinical trials were conducted to determine its components and benefits.
The results obtained from the studies and trials show the following benefits:-
- Krill contains omega-3 fatty acids with DHA and EPA. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for building healthy cells. This unsaturated fatty acid is good for the heart. It may help reduce the risk of heart attacks, stroke and irregular heartbeats, reduce triglyceride and manage healthy cholesterol levels. Omega-3 also assists in preventing blood clots and protects the walls of the arteries.
- It was also found that krill may help relief severe uterine pain during menstruation and mood imbalance due to premenstrual syndrome.
- Another benefit of krill is it my reduce arthritis and joint pains. Taking krill supplements on a daily basis my help improve mobility and flexibility.
- Many people are comparing the benefits of krill versus fish oil since both contain omega 3. Krill contains phospholipids and astaxanthin which are not present in fish oil. The functions of phospholipids include transporting fat between the intestine and the liver and to produce energy. A major role of phospholipids is to transmit messages from the brain to the cells.
- Astaxanthin is an antioxidant. Some research done showed that astaxanthin may help improve cardiovascular health, strengthen the immune system, and prevent inflammation and fights signs of aging.
- Dr. Mercola of mercola.com stated that the antioxidant potency of krill is 48 times higher than fish oil.
- According to a brain surgeon by the name Dr. McCleary who wrote the book titled The Brain Trust Program, krill provides the best source of essential brain fats. It is a beneficial supplement to support better concentration, memory and learning.