Healthy Lifestyle >>
Benefits of Teamwork
The Benefits of Teamwork
Benefits of Teamwork in the Workplace
Teamwork is the act of working together and putting in joint efforts to promote or achieve a common goal or mission. If there is stiff competition among employees to outdo one another, you can't get cooperation. Therefore leaders must emphasize the importance of teamwork and the need to work together to their subordinates and peers if they want to see growth and advancement.
To ensure effective teamwork, one of the most important factors is to impart the goal or mission clearly to the team. Everyone has to know what it is they are working towards and why. It has to benefit everyone involved in order to get their participation. It should lead to a win-win situation. And the side effect of this effort is developing trust, a very important element to get cooperation and build a strong relationship.
The Importance of Working Together as a Team
- One of the major benefits of teamwork is getting things done in less time. When leaders involve their teams to brainstorm together to find a solution, they will get many different and creative ideas. This effort will enable them to implement the best action plan and assign the tasks to the people involved. When everyone in the team knows that he has a part in the process and the end result, he will put in the efforts to get it completed.
- Teamwork helps individuals raise their self-esteem. Everyone wants to feel important and needed. When each person is aware of his role and that he is part of a team, he gets a sense of belonging. He will use his talents and creativity to do his best.
- Teamwork promotes unity, rapport and bonding. When people work together, they are able to give and take, help and support one another because the main focus is to accomplish their mission.
- One of the advantages of teamwork is it helps individuals develop personal responsibility. Even though the main focus is the team's goal, each person knows that he is accountable and is responsible to do his part or role.
- A person who participates in a team's effort will develop the right attitude. He will learn a lot of things than can help him advance in his career and personal life. He will become aware of the importance of communication, decision making, planning and preparation and taking constructive action.
- The other one of the benefits of teamwork is, the task assigned becomes fun instead of a chore or feeling all alone. When people do something in a state of joy, they are very resourceful. They find it easy to learn new skills. They may even outdo their best and discover that they have abilities that they weren't aware of.
So though at first it may look like the benefits of teamwork in the workplace serve only the company's goal, team members actually gain a lot personally from putting in the joint efforts. It helps a person develops positive traits and become a better individual.